Gul Khan is the Alberta Liberal candidate for Calgary-North East. Gul Khan is a well-known businessman and community leader who has lived in this constituency since 2005. Gul Khan has created jobs for Calgarians and helped to build the Alberta economy. Gul Khan knows the issues in this constituency. Gul Khan wants to be YOUR voice in the Alberta Legislature.
Gul Khan has lived in this community for over 13 years and he will fight for your concerns in Calgary North East. Gul Khan will use his decades of business experience to tackle issues that matter most to you. Gul Khan understands the importance of a strong economy, job growth, quality health care, good education, public safety and a strong society. Gul Khan is a dedicated family man with Liberal values. Gul Khan has a large family with a wife, 6 children and 11 grandchildren.
Gul Khan speaks English, Spanish, Urdu/Hindi, and Pashto. Gul Khan admires Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, and Jinnah. Gul Khan enjoys playing cricket and golf and travelling to meet new people and explore new places. Gul Khan's door is always open to people in this community. Gul Khan is a very strong Liberal advocate. Gul Khan believes in the policies of the Liberal party.
ALBERTA LIBERAL PARTY
LEADER DAVID KHAN - CANDIDATE GUL KHAN - LIBERAL MLA DAVID SWANN
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
HELP GUL KHAN BE THE LIBERAL MLA FOR CALGARY NORTHEAST
GUL KHAN'S PRIORITIES
- Create jobs and provide opportunities for Calgarians.
- Reduce taxes and support small businesses.
- Fiscal responsibility – reducing debt without deep cuts.
- Promote cost-effective public health care.
- Improve education – push for smaller class sizes and build mentoring programs.
- Caring for our seniors – increase social benefits – organize social welfare activities.
- Protecting our precious environment.
Gul Khan owns a successful restaurant business in Calgary. Gul Khan has a Mary Browns franchise and worked as a business consultant and area developer for over 10 years. Currently, Gul Khan is working with Chairman Brands as a master developer for Western Canada.
Gul Khan worked as a sea captain for 13 years with various shipping companies around the world. Gul Khan has also worked with Turbo Analysis, T-mobile, KFC, and Church's Chicken in the US.
Gul Khan is a master mariner by profession and has a degree in Economics & Political Science from the University of Karachi and an Associate’s Degree in business from Harbour College, Los Angeles. Gul Khan was a business owner in the United States and has worked in the corporate world for many years across North America.
- In 2012 Gul Khan received Mary Browns’ Franchise of the Year award.
- Gul Khan was Entrepreneur of the Year in 2010 by Entrepreneur magazine.
- Gul Khan has received numerous awards, such as best authorized T-mobile dealer award in 2004 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Gul Khan has received awards and certifications from various organizations throughout the years, including the Pakistan-Canada. Association, Al-Madinah Calgary Assembly, and National Maritime Union of America.
- Gul Khan is currently President of Calgary Pashtun Association.
- During the Calgary Flood in June 2013, Gul Khan provided free meals to EMS, police, firefighters, the armed forces, and city emergency workers in all his Mary Brown locations.
- Gul Khan also delivered chicken & taters to Calgary Dream Centre on Macleod Trail for over 100 flood affected people.
- Gul Khan raised funds for Special Olympic athletes and the Children’s Wish Foundation in July 2014.
- Gul Khan also supports many charitable organizations in Canada, Pakistan, India, and in the Philippines.